Making Use of Opportunity

   I've been wrestling with the concept of "Opportunity". 



What is Opportunity?


   A quick search on Google will get you this definition: "a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.I feel as though God has given me a ton of opportunity over these last few months, based on this definition. Not only did he give me the opportunity to be saved from my sinful self, but he's given me so much opportunity to be happy outside of the main thing he has called me to do.


   Not only does God present us with unique opportunities, but he also gives us the free will to decide whether or not to seize these times when we are potentially connected to a future we would enjoy, or some sort of change. He's got our backs, He gives us all the things we will ever need in life, and yet we sometimes (well okay, a lot of times) reject His provisions.


  I've recently had a lot of Opportunity presented to me by my Father in Heaven. I've rejected people who have not only been there for me in dark times, but I have also hurt people in the process. 


   Opportunity can be destroyed by ourselves if we become selfish and do not acknowledge from whom it comes. I've had this sort of experience happen throughout my entire life, but this recent one left me devastated. I hurt someone who believed they were not wholly sure of what lies ahead of their life, and I lost a relationship I believe God gave to me for a reason. Of course, God opens up doors that He closes at His own will, but we can't know for sure which ones He will open and if He will and therefore I implore you to seize all good Opportunities that are presented to you.

   
   Put the entirety of your faith, your life, and everything else that makes up you and give it to God. Fully rely on Him, and He will make you happy no matter what Opportunity he presents to you.

  

Psalm 37:39-40  ~  "But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble. The LORD helps them and delivers them; He delivers them from the wicked and saves them, Because they take refuge in Him."

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Ethos?

How to Create Ethos

Don’t Be Boring